Tuesday, September 19, 2006

dias horribilis


Tuesday, September 19, 2006
It has been a most horrible last couple of days.
Let me introduce you to my family...Craig is my lover of just over eight years, Gunny joined our family a year ago. We have been lovers and partners and friends during that time.I went ahead and had the bariatric surgery as planned (see the earlier blog) and came home on Friday afternoon. Later that evening our friend Gunny arrived from New York for the weekend. We had a great weekend with the "boys" taking care of the "wounded old man".
Monday morning when I got up to go to the bathroom I realized that Craig hadn't come in to wake me up before going to work...something he always did. The door to his room was still latched so I opened the door only to find him laying on the floor next to his bed very much dead.
The rest of the day was spent dealing with the permedics and police. Since then some pretty remarkable friends have stayed with me pretty much constantly, caring for me, listening to we wail and crying with me.
In time I'll tell more of the story. For now I'm going to bed, maybe I'll get some sleep. Please remember Craig, Gunny and me along with Craig's family in your prayers or thoughts.
Later Note: Craig's death has been attributed to "auto-erotic asphyxiation"

No comments: